Man rapes his neighbour's minor daughter, arrested
Already marred with controversy in the murder and rape of an 11-year-old girl, one more rape case of minor registered with the Gujarat police on Monday.
However in the fresh case, police could nab accused who raped and sodomised 9-year-old girl in Rajkot.
Reacting quickly on a complaint related minor girl being raped by her neighbour, the police nabbed one Kamlesh Bharwad. The complaint was registered by mother of the girl. Rajkot ACP Harshad Bhatt said that the culprit accepted his crime before the police. The accused confessed that he exploited the minor girl sexually twice a fortnight ago and threatened her not to tell anyone.
He was booked under various sections pertaining to rape as prescribed in the Indian Penal Code, including Section 376, 377, 354 (A) and under Section 6 & 10 of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012 (Pocso Act).
- 6 of family found dead in J'khand, suicide notes recovered 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Monsoon Session: Opp leaders to plan strategy 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Rajnath visits B’desh founder’s memorial 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Sarpanch killed 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 2 jawans martyred in gunbattle with Naxals 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 30-yr-old delivers twins on train near Mumbai 16 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- UP woman burnt in temple after gangrape 16 Jul 2018 | PNS
- 31-year-old imposter arrested in Coimbatore college mock drill death 16 Jul 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Over 40K classrooms turn hi-tech in Kerala 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- UP police to strengthen ‘anti-Romeo squads’ to prevent eve-teasing 16 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | PNS | Indore
Hitting back at Congress leader Kamal Nath for writing to Lord Shiva to seek an end to the misrule in Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday said such shallow tactics have caused the opposition party's downfall. "My friend in the Congress is opposing (us) for no reason...