Mission Indradhanush: Centre launches media campaign
The Union Health Ministry has decided to rope in MPs and MLAs to create awareness among masses about its immunisation programme under its ‘Mission Indradhanush’. The Mission will be rolled out early next month across the country. Health Minister JP Nadda, said that his Ministry will hold workshops for MPs and MLAs and also distribute brochures related to the programme so that they can take it to the communities and families in their areas.
He was speaking during the launch of the Government’s major media campaign to be continue for a fortnight to educate the masses on immunisation, ahead of implementing the ambitious Mission. “As State Government’s play a vital role in the programme, I have spoken to chief ministers, state health secretaries for success of the mission. No child should suffer from a disease for which vaccination is available,” he added.
In his message on the occasion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi appealed to the parents and guardians of all children to ensure that their children are fully vaccinated. He also congratulated the Ministry for undertaking the initiative and extended his best wishes for its success. Depicting seven colours of the rainbow, ‘Mission Indradhanush’ aims to cover by 2020 all such children, who are either unvaccinated or are partially vaccinated against seven vaccine-preventable diseases — diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, polio, tuberculosis, measles and hepatitis B. The mission in addition, will also provide vaccination against Japanese Encephalitis and Haemophilus influenza Type B will be provided in selected districts.
- Hindu Mahasabha set up ‘first Hindu court' in reaction to ‘Sharait courts' 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- NDA was stronger because of Vajpayee: Uddhav Thackeray 17 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Atal was true believer of multi-party democracy: Left 17 Aug 2018 | PNS
- 2 claim responsibility on FB for attack on Khalid 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- B'desh PM expresses deep shock at Vajpayee’s demise 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- He watched Umrao Jaan thrice in a night 17 Aug 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Opp leaders mourn demise 17 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Vajpayee first Delhi Metro passenger 17 Aug 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
- Condolences 17 Aug 2018 | PNS
- A leader for ages — ahead of his times 17 Aug 2018 | Narendra Modi
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Aug 2018 | PNS | Jamshedpur
Tata Steel celebrated Nation’s 72nd Independence Day with patriotic fervour at its Jamshedpur Works and across its locations. The celebrations began with TV Narendran, CEO& Managing Director Tata Steel, hoisting the tricolor, which was followed by a ceremonial march past and the National Anthem...