Modi’s brother threatens to close down fair price shops in Gujarat
Brother of Prime Minister Narendra Modi as well as president of Fair Price Shop Owners’ Assocition in Gujarat, Prahalad Modi, has threatened to close down fair price shops in the State over the issue of linking accounts of beneficiaries with Aadhaar.
Talking to mediapersons after his meeting with Gujarat’s Civil Supply Minister, Prahalad Modi said the Government must ensure that the linking of Aadhaar with the accounts of beneficiaries of fair price shops is done properly. There are chances of altercation between shop owners and their customers he said adding that it also impacts shop owners endeavour to follow Supreme Court guidelines of providing goods to people.
If the Government would not ensure proper linkage, the fair price owners would be forced to shut down shops, he added.
- DMK all set to name Stalin as party chief on August 28 21 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Centre asks States to monitor ‘Fall Armyworm’ pest infestation 21 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Maharashtra Cong to organise yatra to highlight BJP misrule 21 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Bihar: Woman paraded naked on suspicion of killing man 21 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 2 detained in connection with attack on Umar 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Centre declares Kerala floods ‘severe calamity’ 21 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Muslims flay Maurya’s statement on temple 21 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong playing politics on temple issue: Maurya 21 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Dalit lynched in Pilibhit’s Bhagwantpura village 21 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Pilgrims among 7 killed, 12 injured in Kishtwar rockslide 21 Aug 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The beauty of city of lakes painted through vibrant colours and the eye catching shades over canvas spellbound the art appreciators. A group painting exhibition is being put up at Swaraj Bhavan Art Gallery that began here from Monday...