Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance group muzzling media: CPI
The Communist Party of India (CPI) Central Secretariat on Monday accused corporate houses of taking the litigation route against journalists and writers and termed the move as a method to curtail the freedom speech.
The party in a statement alleged that most of the corporate houses especially Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Group in particular was silencing the journalists for exposing violations by the companies.
“The Secretariat of the CPI condemns the notices of defamation cases, which are rightly called as strategic litigation against public persons like authors, journalists and publishers by corporate companies, to silence the exposures that are of concern to the nation. The book ‘Gas Wars, crony capitalism and the Ambanis’, published by Paranjoy Guha Thakurta, is a book that exposes the Gas price drama that is going on in the country.
“Gas is a natural resource that belongs justifiably to the nation and the Supreme Court has clarified it beyond doubt. CPI, the Left and many other important personalities, journalists, and researchers are exposing and fighting on these issues since last few years.
“The review article by Sucheta Dalal is also being targeted by the Ambanis. The book and the article are based on information that is readily available to every body. This is a naked attempt to frighten those who expose the wrong deeds,” said the CPI Central Secretariat.
- When Vajpayee asked for pajamas at public meeting 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- ‘Atal made path-breaking contributions to Sino-India ties’ 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- No change of guard ceremony today: Rashtrapati Bhavan 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India’s Chef de Mission pays tribute 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Ex-PM started out as an MP from Balrampur 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Pak interim Law Min meets Sushma, condoles demise 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- SAARC leaders, including Pak, turn up at funeral 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Inshort 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Centre announces new freight corridor between Kharagpur, Vijayawada 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Rain brightens chance of filling Srisailam dam 18 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Five years after the renowned rationalist Narendra Dabholkar was shot dead by two unidentified gunmen in Pune, the CBI on Saturday arrested one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly pulled the trigger. Identiying the arrested person as one Sachin Prakashrao Andure from Aurangabad, a senior official said that Andure was one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly shot Dr Dabholkar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...