- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Old age home to come up on land seized from Lalu
The Bihar Government has conceived a plan to open an old age home on 110 katha of land in Patna once the land comes under its possession. On this land near Saguna More close to Danapur, Bihar’s biggest shopping Mall was under construction but this property in the name of RJD supremo Lalu Prasad and his family members is under the scrutiny of Income Tax and Enforcement Directorate.
This and other properties directly or indirectly in the name of Lalu, his wife Rabri Devi, sons Tejashwi Prasad and Tej Pratap and daughters from Patna to Delhi and worth Rs 175 crore had already been attached provisionally and final seizure with certain legal formalities is likely to be completed soon. Some of the assets are in the name of certain companies which have Lalu’s kin as directors on their board.
Highly placed sources in the Government said that there were many proposals to open either educational institutions or hospital but Chief Minister Nitish Kumar personally favoured opening of an old age home which does not exist anywhere in Bihar. On certain seized houses of Government servants schools have been opened.
Recently the I-T and ED departments attached certain big properties, both named and benami, of Lalu and his family members in Delhi including farm houses. The CBI had summoned both Lalu and Leader of Opposition in Bihar Assembly Tejashwi for questioning in connection with the auction of two hotels of IRCTC and receiving land in lieu from the parties on Monday and Tuesday but none of them went to Delhi for their physical presence before the Central agency. CBI sources said fresh summons would be issued to them.
Highly upset and visibly angry over the moves of the Central agencies and calling their actions out of political vendetta, Lalu and his younger son Tejashwi, who till recently was Deputy CM, are spitting venom against Nitish and said they would not rest till their friend-turned-foe was not arrested and jailed. On the other hand the I-T is contemplating to grill Rabri and her daughter Hema Yadav in connection with plots in their names in Phulwarisharif and Danapur. Lalu’s two servants Hridyanand Choudhry and Laln Choudhary had “gifted” these expensive lands to Rabri and Hema. Earlier last fortnight Rabri and Tejashwi had been questioned by the I-T.
Deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi said, “Lalu’s misdeeds are nearing the logical conclusion. The RJD chief forcibly got transferred precious land in the name of his family members from politicians and big contractors for favour and accumulated assets. Now these properties are under scanner of I-T. If Lalu had any reply in support of these assets it would not have been attached. With no convincing reply he is abusing his political opponents.”
JD(U) spokesman Snjay Singh said, “The seizure of huge ill-gotten properties has made Lalu highly upset and now he is threatening the JD(U) spokesmen.”
- UP Cong to protest against BJP Govts over law and order 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC asks Committee chief to explore possibility to compensate victims 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Irrigation scheme not running at full utilisation: CAG report 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC stays Madras HC order giving 196 marks to NEET students 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP Govt to set flood relief camp in affected districts 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UPPCL to set up special cell to bring down line losses 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Woman alleges rape by 40 men for 4 days, 3 held 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- EC junks Cong 60L fake MP voter ID claim 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Transporters go on indefinite agitation for various demands 21 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Senior BJP leader shot in Rae Bareli 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...