PM Modi urges youth to become entrepreneurs
Urging the youth to go for entrepreneurship, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said the youth of today should become job creators and think out of the box for which the Government is willing to hand-hold them for setting up start-ups. Modi said while patience was a virtue, it should not stop the youth from coming up with innovative ideas for the benefit of the country and society.
“Some people are trying to divide the country and the youth are giving a befitting reply to such elements. Our youth will never ever be misled,” Modi also said without elaborating.
Addressing the students of Gautam Buddha University in Greater Noida on the occasion of the inauguration of the 22nd National Youth Festival, Modi, via video-conferencing, said one had to make the beginning alone and if the person was committed to the path chosen, others would join him.
“Do not worry. Move ahead, take the first step. The government is with you,” he said, referring to those youth planning to set up start-ups. The Prime Minister assured them that they would not have to worry abut bank guarantees, loans and a heavy paper work as they would get all the help from the government.
“We will hand-hold you. Then, you yourself are capable of moving ahead,” he told the gathering.
Referring to the Centre's Mudra scheme, Skill India and Startup India funds, Modi said there were enough platforms to help young entrepreneurs think out of the box and begin something new. He also urged the people to make sports an integral part of their lives.
Speaking on the occasion, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said only the youth could change the system with new innovations. He added that the Indian youth had several ideas, which could be used for the welfare of the people.
Taking the name of Lord Rama and some religious leaders, the Uttar Pradesh chief minister said all of them were young when they chose the path of people's welfare and attained spirituality.
“It is not important how long a person lives. How does he live his life and benefit the society is important. The youth is the symbol of the country's energy,” he added. Union minister and Gautam Buddha Nagar MP Mahesh Sharma was also present on the occasion among other dignitaries.
- Heavy rain plays havoc in Andhra, Telangana; many parts get flooded 22 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq
- Guj HC rejects disabled students’ pleas seeking medical admission 22 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Gujarat halts agricultural land resurvey process due to errors and irregularities 22 Aug 2018 | PNS
- IAF engages two Mi-17 choppers for Kodagu relief 22 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki
- Hardik to revive quota agitation from Saturday, with or without permission 22 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Telangana to send 500 tonnes of rice to Kerala today 22 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq
- BJP MLA Raja Singh arrested on eve of Eid 22 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq
- Rain fury victims return home, suffer heartbreak to see destruction 22 Aug 2018 | VR Jayaraj
- 89,540 tonnes of foodgrains, 100 tonnes of pulses to be given free 22 Aug 2018 | PNS
- UK court denies bail to Dawood aide 22 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | Jamshedpur
Bhojpuri singer turned BJP leader Manoj Tiwari, who is also a Member of Standing Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture on Tuesday promised that he will take up the issue of poor NH 33 stretch with Union Road Transport, Highways Ministry. Addressing a press meet he said that apart from being Delhi BJP State president he is also a member of standing committee he is aware of the present plight...