PM to address 50 rallies across country
With an eye on the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address 50 rallies across the country by February next year, covering more than 100 Lok Sabha constituencies, sources said on Thursday.
BJP chief Amit Shah and senior leaders Rajnath Singh and Nitin Gadkari will address 50 rallies each, a source said.
The source said the prime minister said will address 50 rallies across the country by February next year, covering more than 100 Lok Sabha constituencies.
All these rallies have been planned to prepare the ground for the party's campaign. Each rally is being designed so that it covers 2-3 Lok Sabha constituencies, the source added.
Before the election dates of the Lok Sabha elections are announced, the BJP will already have covered at least 400 Lok Sabha constituencies by organising 200 rallies, a party leader said. Besides these 50 rallies, Modi will also address rallies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh, where elections are scheduled later this year, the party leader said.
- Controversy erupts over iPhone gift to K’taka MPs 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Soil ramps made for safe passage of elephants along ‘killer track’ in Rajaji Tiger Reserve 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- MTNL underground cables cut, stolen from Okhla Exchange 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Trawlers capsize in Bay of Bengal, 19 fishermen missing 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- INBRIEF 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Munde: Sugar firm dupes farmers, banks of `5.5K 18 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- WCD Ministry to amend JJ Act 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Hike in power bill likely in UP as UPPCL installs FGDs in plants 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- To tide over milk shortage, Maha brings 5.28L litres daily from Guj 18 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Killer should have been caught alive: Victim’s father 18 Jul 2018 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...