- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Police uniform should instill fear in criminals, says Vijay Rupani
Policemen should live up to the image of noble profession such as teacher or doctor and uniform should give feeling of safety to citizens but at the same time it should instill fear among the criminals, said Gujarat Chief Minister Vijaybhai Rupani on Monday.
Exhorting around 400 cadets of different cadres inducted into the State Police Force at the passing out parade at the Police Academy at Karai situated near the State capital Gandhinagar Rupani said that policemen must create environment of safety towards women and oppressed sections of the society to ensure innocent people are not harassed.
The personnel passing out include 40 armed police sub-inspector, 40 intelligence officers, assistant police inspectors and unarmed lok rakshaks. They include 34 women intelligence officers and women assistant intelligence officers. According to the Chief Minister Gujarat Police has better image than their counterparts in the country. He said that in the past many year peaceful passage of festivals like Rathyatra, Muharram and Eid confirming the image.
He asked the police personnel to be particularly alert and equipped to deal with cyber crime and economic offences, in the wake of increased commercial activities and growing application of technology in different fields. Inclusion of intelligence officers in police training is part of the exercise.
- Controversy erupts over iPhone gift to K’taka MPs 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Soil ramps made for safe passage of elephants along ‘killer track’ in Rajaji Tiger Reserve 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- MTNL underground cables cut, stolen from Okhla Exchange 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Trawlers capsize in Bay of Bengal, 19 fishermen missing 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- INBRIEF 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Munde: Sugar firm dupes farmers, banks of `5.5K 18 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- WCD Ministry to amend JJ Act 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Hike in power bill likely in UP as UPPCL installs FGDs in plants 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- To tide over milk shortage, Maha brings 5.28L litres daily from Guj 18 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Killer should have been caught alive: Victim’s father 18 Jul 2018 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...