- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Rajnath Singh institutes five Police Medals
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Wednesday instituted five Police Medals to promote professionalism and excellence in service and give recognition to those security personnel doing good work in stressful environment and in difficult areas.
The new five medals are titled as Union Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal, Police Antarik Suraksha Seva Padak, Asadharan Aasuchana Kushalata Padak, Utkrisht and Ati Utkrisht Seva Medals and Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Investigation. Members of all police organisations including Special Forces, intelligence, security and state police forces will be considered for these awards.
Home Ministry in a statement said the awards scheme is aimed at recognising the good work, boosting morale and inspiring the personnel in all forces.
“All the above medals will be minted and supplied by the Union Home Ministry and will be awarded each year by the Central or State police force/organisations on the days fixed by them.
A selection committee in every State/Central police force/organization will identify the awardees every year. In case of the Special Operation Medal, Asadharan Aasuchana Medal and Investigation Medal, the names will be finalised by the Ministry of Home Affairs based on recommendations made by States/UTs and Central police organisations,” said Home Ministry.
- Punjab must be developed as special industrial zone: Jakhar 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Over 13,500 infant deaths in 11 months: Maha Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Supersonic cruise missile BrahMos test-fire successful 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- BIMARU States top in non/partially-immunised children: UN agencies 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Now, India not in Fragile Five: Modi 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Govt to rope in engineers, scientists to explore scientific validation of AYUSH 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Inshort 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI takes custody of journalist Upendra Rai in extortion, corruption case 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI chargesheets Farooq, 3 others for alleged irregularities in JKCA 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP to re-introduce anticipatory bail in modified form 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...