RSS guides Modi Govt: Rahul
Congress president Rahul Gandhi who is on his last day of his election tour of Karnataka on Tuesday has accused RSS of interfering in Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA Government. Interacting with professionals and business community in Kalaburagi on the concluding day of his Janaashirvada Yatra in the Hyderabad-Karnataka region of the poll-bound State Rahul Gandhi blamed RSS for interfering and guiding the NDA Government. This assumes significance after he sought an apology from RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat for his controversial remark on Indian Army.
He said “In every single Ministry at the national level there is an OSD (Officer of Special Duty) from the RSS. The Minister is not conducting operations on his own. The Minister is guided by the RSS on what to do.” “You know the where the idea of notebandi (demonetisation) came from? Do you know who gave the idea of notebandi to the Prime Minister of the country? It was not from the Reserve Bank of India; not from Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. It was not from an office of the Finance Ministry.
The idea was given by a particular ideologue of the RSS,”he added.
“The RSS gives the idea and the Prime Minister launches the idea,” he came down heavily on the RSS for its interference in the administration of the country.
He said ‘the union government posts RSS ideologues in Ministries. For instance, the NITI Aayog was established by scrapping the Planning Commission. Another example was the Vyapam scam in Madhyra Pradesh where the BJP government destroyed educational institutions by recruiting thousands of teachers’.
He said that if his party is voted to power at the Centre, it would reform the current goods and services tax (GST) and simplify it by trying to make it a single-slab tax and cap it at a “decent” level.
- Rlys revised timetable: Many new niche trains on cards 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- SC to hear TN’s plea against NGT order giving Vedanta access to Tuticorin plant 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee fall due to economic mismanagement of Modi Govt, alleges Congress 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong dares PM to dissolve LS 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Tight security in Kashmir ahead of I-Day 15 Aug 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Mamata raises NRC again, calls RSS for terror outfit 15 Aug 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Madras High Court orders CBI enquiry 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Stalin era begins in DMK 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- BJP to launch enrolment campaign in Gujarat today 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong uses BJP’s ‘Beti Bachao’ slogan against Rajen Gohain 15 Aug 2018 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...