- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
RTI activist held for instigating Assamese to take up arms
Assam’s prominent RTI activist and farmer’s leader Akhil Gogoi was arrested on Wednesday for his alleged role in blatant instigation to common people to take up arms.
According to police, Gogoi who leads farmer's body Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS), had while addressing a public rally on Tuesday instigated the people to take up arms.
The rally was organised by some organisations in protest against the issue of Citizenship amendment Act, 2016, non-implementation of Assam accord, not providing constitutional right and protection of indigenous people of Assam and many other issues.
Police said that both Gogoi and leader of the pro-talk faction of Ulfa leader Jiten Dutta had instigated the people to take up arms.
- UP Cong to protest against BJP Govts over law and order 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC asks Committee chief to explore possibility to compensate victims 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Irrigation scheme not running at full utilisation: CAG report 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC stays Madras HC order giving 196 marks to NEET students 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP Govt to set flood relief camp in affected districts 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UPPCL to set up special cell to bring down line losses 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Woman alleges rape by 40 men for 4 days, 3 held 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- EC junks Cong 60L fake MP voter ID claim 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Transporters go on indefinite agitation for various demands 21 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Senior BJP leader shot in Rae Bareli 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...