Rupani inaugurates GSRTC’s office
In a first-ever initiative in the country, Gujarat State Transport Corporation (GSRTC) has undertaken in-house body building of AIS 052 certified super express and midi buses under Central Motor Vehicles Rule and Bus Body Code to provide easy, safe and modern transport system to people on ‘No Profit, No Loss’ basis, said Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Tuesday.
Speaking at a function to mark the inauguration of GSRTC’s newly constructed corporate office equipped with central ‘command and control’ room Rupani said that apart from regular bus services, ST buses would be given for marriage parties at affordable rates.
Referring to the ST buses reliability and punctuality vis-à-vis private operators, he said that it has undergone change in 24x7 work culture, maintaining drivers and conductors being the mainstay of ST, as it covers 98 per cent of the state’s villages and 99 per cent of the population. It offers concession to students, service to senior citizens.
The ST’s new five-storey central corporate office is built on PPP basis on 4,887 square metres, with modular sitting arrangement at a cost of Rs 7.50-crore. The ‘command and control’ room to keep track of departure and arrival of a fleet of 7,465 buses, their halts at scheduled intermediate stoppages through GPS, is to make ST bus service more popular than private ones.
- Investigate Hapur lynching case: SC to IGP Meerut 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- We want our people to travel in India: Alphons 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Okhla MLA Amanatullah threatened me: Cong worker 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- InShort 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Jodhpur, Marwar cleanest among major rly stations 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Govt committed to find solution for affected homebuyers: Min 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- US envoy meets Rijiju, talks terror 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rahul not worthy to have debate with PM: Prasad 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Shah concealed his liabilities in RS poll affidavit: Cong to EC 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- BJP makes strong pitch for simultaneous LS, Assembly polls 14 Aug 2018 | Deepak K Upreti
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Aug 2018 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
Governor Prof Ganeshi Lal released Odia version of ‘Exam Warriors’, written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, here on Monday. Releasing the book, the Governor said a common child can build self a superman by strong commitment and will power...