- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Ryan school death: Child's father moves HC
Barun Chandra Thakur, the grieving father of seven-year-old Pradhyuman Thakur who was murdered Ryan International School at Gurugram on September 8, on Wednesday made an intervening application before the Bombay High Court, seeking dismissal of the anticipatory transit bail plea filed by the three school trustees.
The high court adjourned the hearing of a petition made by three trustees of St Xaviers Education Trust that manages Ryan International Schools across the country, after the father of the slain child made an intervening application through his lawyers Sushil K. Tekriwal and Mamta Tekriwal.
Thakur sought the dismissal of anticipatory transit bail plea made by Augustine F. Pinto, his wife Grace Pinto, and their son Ryan Pinto, who are among the trustees of St Xaviers Education Trust, in connection with the ongoing investigations into the death of Pradhyuman.
Pradhuman Thakur was found lying in a pool of blood in a toilet in the school building around 8:30 am on Friday last.
At the brief hearing held in the court of Justice A S Gadkari, Pintos’ lawyer Nitin Pradhan argued that his clients had not been served the notices by the lawyers of Thakur who sought to intervene in the matter.
However, Thakur’s lawyers claimed that they had served the notices, but the Pintos’ lawyers refused to accept them.
After hearing both sides, Justice Gadkari adjourned the hearing of the anticipatory bail plea matter till Thursday morning.
The Parents Group for Students Welfare (PGSW) and the Ambedkar Students Association are two other intervenors in the anticipatory bail application filed by the three school trustees.
On Monday, Pintos had moved the Bombay High Court for an anticipatory transit bail so as to facilitate them to move an appropriate judicial authority in Haryana. Pintos’ application had come up for hearing on Tuesday but was adjourned to Wednesday.
Thakur had earlier on Monday filed a petition in the the Supreme Court, seeking a CBI inquiry into the death of his son. A SC bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justices A.M. Khanwilkar and D.Y. Chandrachud sought the replies of the Centre, the Haryana Government and CBSE.
The school, where Pradhyman was found murdered, is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education. Apart from a CBI probe, Thakur has sought guidelines to fix responsibility of school managements.
Meanwhile, a visiting Haryana Police team on Tuesday questioned several staffers and manager of the Ryan International School at its Kandivali headquarters in north Mumbai, examined documents and records.
- UP Cong to protest against BJP Govts over law and order 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC asks Committee chief to explore possibility to compensate victims 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Irrigation scheme not running at full utilisation: CAG report 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC stays Madras HC order giving 196 marks to NEET students 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP Govt to set flood relief camp in affected districts 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UPPCL to set up special cell to bring down line losses 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Woman alleges rape by 40 men for 4 days, 3 held 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- EC junks Cong 60L fake MP voter ID claim 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Transporters go on indefinite agitation for various demands 21 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Senior BJP leader shot in Rae Bareli 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...