Shah meets Raje over Rajasthan BJP chief
BJP president Amit Shah and Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasudhara Raje on Wednesday discussed the pending issue of the appointing a new State president as the party faces a tough electoral challenge from the Congress by the year-end when Assembly polls are due.
The working president Ashok Parnami along with other BJP leaders from Rajasthan was present during the meeting.
BJP’s poll campaign in Rajasthan seems to be hamstrung as it doesn't have a new state president in the absence of a consensus between Raje and Shah . She is understood to have opposed the nomination of Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Lok Sabha member from Jodhpur, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, as replacement for Parnami, who was asked to step down following the party's defeat in the Ajmer and Alwar Lok Sabha byelections and Mandalgarh assembly bypoll.
BJP faces anti-incumbency in the state which is traditionally known for not repeating a government twice. The internal rift in the state unit is another cause for concern for the BJP’s central leadership.
Shah also met Andhra Pradesh party leaders, including State chief Kanna Lakshminarayana. It was decided that three Union Ministers, including Nitin Gadkari, Piyush Goyal and Prakash Javadekar, will visit the three main regions of the state to publicise the works done by the central Government for it.
- Rlys revised timetable: Many new niche trains on cards 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- SC to hear TN’s plea against NGT order giving Vedanta access to Tuticorin plant 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee fall due to economic mismanagement of Modi Govt, alleges Congress 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong dares PM to dissolve LS 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Tight security in Kashmir ahead of I-Day 15 Aug 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Mamata raises NRC again, calls RSS for terror outfit 15 Aug 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Madras High Court orders CBI enquiry 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Stalin era begins in DMK 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- BJP to launch enrolment campaign in Gujarat today 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong uses BJP’s ‘Beti Bachao’ slogan against Rajen Gohain 15 Aug 2018 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...