- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Sharad Yadav free to take any decision, says Nitish
Bihar Chief Minister and JD (U) chief Nitish Kumar on Friday made it clear that his dissenting senior party colleague Sharad Yadav was free to take any decision as the alliance with the BJP had the entire party's nod.
Virtually shutting the door on any reconciliation with the rebel veteran leader who was welcomed by RJD in Bihar a day earlier, Nitish said the decision to join NDA was not his alone. This is Nitish's first direct response to Yadav's open rebellion against the alliance.
“He (Yadav) is free to take his decision. As far as the party is concerned, it has already taken its decision. The decision was not mine alone and it was taken with the consent of the party. If he keeps a different opinion, then he is free to do so,” Nitish said after meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
This was the Bihar CM's first visit to the National Capital after he dumped his Mahagathbandhan partners, RJD and Congress, to tie-up with the BJP.
Yadav, who is the leader of the party in the Rajya Sabha, is on a tour to Bihar currently. He has said he was still with the Mahagathbandhan even as he also claimed that the real JD(U) is with him and the one with Niths was 'sarkari' JD(U).
- Punjab must be developed as special industrial zone: Jakhar 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Over 13,500 infant deaths in 11 months: Maha Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Supersonic cruise missile BrahMos test-fire successful 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- BIMARU States top in non/partially-immunised children: UN agencies 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Now, India not in Fragile Five: Modi 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Govt to rope in engineers, scientists to explore scientific validation of AYUSH 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Inshort 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI takes custody of journalist Upendra Rai in extortion, corruption case 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI chargesheets Farooq, 3 others for alleged irregularities in JKCA 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP to re-introduce anticipatory bail in modified form 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...