Shivpal rebuts Akhilesh’s theory over civic poll loss
When Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav blamed the EVM for the party’s defeat in the just concluded Urban Local Bodies elections, his ‘uncle’ and party’s MLA Shivpal Singh Yadav said that weak party organisation was behind poor show in the election.
“There is no proof about tampering of the EVMs and people were making wild allegations. Even if the EVMs were tampered with, the Samajwadi Party would not have won elections. Allegations of EVM tampering during Assembly elections were also false,” he told reporters in Mainpuri on Thursday.
Yadav, who had gone to Mainpuri to attend a function, said that people are talking about tampering of the EVMs but are unable to produce any evidence, obliquely referring to Akhilesh. “If there was any tampering in the EVMs during Assembly elections, how did I win from Jaswantnagar seat by a huge margin defeating the BJP candidate,” he asked.
Shivpal’s statement contradicts the laims of the SP president that EVMs were tampered to favour the BJP during the Assembly and recently held Mayoral elections. Akhilesh had even demanded holding of future elections through traditional ballot papers. Talking about the recently held ULB elections, Shivpal Yadav said that had the party given him responsibility of the civic poll, the party would have won majority of the seats. “You can get a proof that all those candidates won, where I had campaigned and supported them,” he said while holding the party leadership responsible for the defeat. Though maintaining that civic poll was not a semi-final before the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Shivpal said that the party leadership should review why they fielded weak candidates in the recent polls.
Meanwhile, in a statement issued on Thursday, Shivpal attacked the Yogi Government saying that the BJP Government in UP has destroyed the co-operative
- Rlys revised timetable: Many new niche trains on cards 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- SC to hear TN’s plea against NGT order giving Vedanta access to Tuticorin plant 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee fall due to economic mismanagement of Modi Govt, alleges Congress 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong dares PM to dissolve LS 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Tight security in Kashmir ahead of I-Day 15 Aug 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Mamata raises NRC again, calls RSS for terror outfit 15 Aug 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Madras High Court orders CBI enquiry 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Stalin era begins in DMK 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- BJP to launch enrolment campaign in Gujarat today 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong uses BJP’s ‘Beti Bachao’ slogan against Rajen Gohain 15 Aug 2018 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...