SP, BSP to ally with JD(S) in Karnataka
Bitter rivals Samajwadi Party and the Bahujan Samaj party in Uttar Pradesh, still wary of joining hands to counter the BJP, are likely to come on one platform in distant Karnataka.
The Bahujan Samaj Party announced to contest the upcoming Karnataka State Assembly elections in alliance with the former Prime Minister HD Deve Gowda-led Janata Dal (Secular).
Deve Gowda has now invited the Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav to join the alliance and campaign for the Assembly elections.
Mulayam Singh Yadav was the Defence Minister in HD Deve Gowda-led United Front Government at the Centre in 1996.
Samawjadi Party sources here on Tuesday said party president Akhilesh Yadav will also campaign for the JD(S) in Karnataka Assembly polls.
- Rlys revised timetable: Many new niche trains on cards 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- SC to hear TN’s plea against NGT order giving Vedanta access to Tuticorin plant 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee fall due to economic mismanagement of Modi Govt, alleges Congress 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong dares PM to dissolve LS 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Tight security in Kashmir ahead of I-Day 15 Aug 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Mamata raises NRC again, calls RSS for terror outfit 15 Aug 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Madras High Court orders CBI enquiry 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Stalin era begins in DMK 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- BJP to launch enrolment campaign in Gujarat today 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong uses BJP’s ‘Beti Bachao’ slogan against Rajen Gohain 15 Aug 2018 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...