Statue of Unity replica to be erected at Mahatma Mandir
Ahead of the much-awaited function on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD), to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 7 January 2015, a replica of world’s tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is to be constructed near Sardar Sarovar Dam at Mahatma Mandir.
The three-day function will also be attended by President Pranab Mukherjee, other senior dignitaries along with the Non-Resident Indians (NRIs).
Meanwhile, on Friday Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel visited the proposed site for the Prime Minister’s dream project —182-metre tall Statue of Unity of Sardar Patel — to review the progress. The project will be world’s tallest statue.Patel said a replica of the statue would be put near the venue of the function, to be held at Gandhinagar from January 7-9.
Patel also visited the Sardar Sarovar Project (SSP) dam site at Kevadia and reviewed the progress of increasing the height of the dam. It was her second visit to the site after June 17 last, the day Prime Minister Narendra Modi had approved placing sluice gate atop the dam. She was told by senior officials at the site that the work is on progress on 17 piers at three different points, while that on other piers would be taken up later. She exuded confidence that the work would be completed on time.
- Ayushman Bharat scheme: Organisations welcome much-awaited project 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Technology to send astronauts to space already developed: ISRO on Gaganyaan 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Must teach children Indian traditions: VP 16 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong mocks at BJP for dropping tricolour at party headquarters 16 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Accept Rahul’s debate challenge on Rafale, Congress dares PM 16 Aug 2018 | PNS
- PM highlights Govt efforts to protect interests of Dalits 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Permanent commission for women in armed forces: Modi 16 Aug 2018 | PNS
- 7 Bangladeshis held for illegal stay in Maha 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 8 swept away while bathing in waterfall in MP's Shivpuri district 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- PAAS putting efforts to take pro-quota stir beyond boundaries of Gujarat 16 Aug 2018 | Nayan Dave
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...