- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Victim assaulted outside, body dumped in Guj: Police
In the sensational murder and rape case of an 11-year-old unidentified girl in Surat, the Gujarat Police is apparently zeroing in on the possibility of crime being committed outside the State.
On April 6, 2018 dead body of the girl was found near a cricket ground in Pandesara area of Surat which sustained more than 80 injury marks. The police also came to conclusion that the girl had been harassed for almost a week and there were injuries in her private parts also.
Gujarat’s Minister of State for home Pradipsinh Jadeja said that preliminary investigations suggest that she was perhaps kidnapped, raped and then dumped here in Surat after the crime was committed. The police had scanned details of 8,000 missing girls and prima facie it appears that the girl child may be from outside Gujarat and that is making it a bit difficult for us to reach her parents.
Jadeja confirmed that the victim was strangled to death and post mortem indicated that she was tortured and raped for minimum eight days. The police have not found any signs of struggle at the spot where her body was recovered, said Surat Police Commissioner Satish Sharma adding that it would indicate that crime was committed somewhere else.
The police said that looking at the features of the girl, she appeared to be from Bengal or Odisha. The State police has now sought for the help of Bengal and Odisha police in the case.
The police has already registered a case of rape and booked unidentified accused under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (Pocso Act) and announced a reward of Rs 20,000 for anyone providing any lead or information about the girl or her family. A local builder from Surat on his part has announced a reward of Rs 5,00,000 from the same purpose.
- Punjab must be developed as special industrial zone: Jakhar 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Over 13,500 infant deaths in 11 months: Maha Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Supersonic cruise missile BrahMos test-fire successful 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- BIMARU States top in non/partially-immunised children: UN agencies 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Now, India not in Fragile Five: Modi 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Govt to rope in engineers, scientists to explore scientific validation of AYUSH 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Inshort 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI takes custody of journalist Upendra Rai in extortion, corruption case 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI chargesheets Farooq, 3 others for alleged irregularities in JKCA 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP to re-introduce anticipatory bail in modified form 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...