- Former Union minister P Chidambaram moves Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in
- NASA set to launch world's first mission to touch the Sun
- Need to strike a balance between conflicting rights of protestors and that of citizens:
- Toronto police say nine people shot and shooter is dead in city's Greektown.
Vigilance seize Rs 5L cash, jewellery from SSP’s house
Special Vigilance Unit (SVU) officials on Monday seized over Rs 5 lakh cash, jewellery and Rs 45,000 in old currency notes from the residence of the Muzaffarpur SSP who is an accused in a disproportionate asset case.
The raid was conducted after an FIR was registered against the SSP yesterday.
The SVU team has, so far, seized Rs 5.50 lakh cash, jewellery worth Rs 5 lakh and Rs 45,000 in demonetised currency notes from SSP Vivek
Kumar’s residence during the raid, a senior officer of the vigilance unit said. “A SVU team today conducted searches at Muzaffarpur SSP Vivek Kumar’s residence. An FIR was registered against him yesterday for amassing three times disproportionate assets to his known sources of income,” Inspector General (IG), SVU, Ratan Sanjay told PTI.
“Searches are going on and report (the final one) is still awaited. But, so far the team has recovered Rs 5.50 lakh cash, jewellery worth Rs 5 lakh, Rs 45,000 in old currency notes,” Sanjay said, adding that the team has also seized some important documents.
- Bihar hikes diesel subsidy by Rs 10 a litre for farmers 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Probe ordered into UP Govt school closing on Fridays 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Thane Police to seek details of call centre scam in US 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Those who want Shariat ‘may go to Pak’: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi writes to ragpicker’s son, hopes he inspires many 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Ragpicker’s son clears AIIMS entrance exam in 1st attempt 23 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Four undocumented Indian crew members rescued from oil tanker 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Mumbai-London Jet Airways flight diverted to Romania 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Alwar lynching: Third accused arrested 23 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Safer to be ‘a cow than a Muslim’: Shashi Tharoor 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Jul 2018 | AFP | tehran
Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Saturday that negotiations with the United States are “useless” because it does not abide by agreements. “As I have previously said, we cannot trust in the words of the United States and even in their signature, so negotiations with the United States are useless,” Khamenei told a gathering of Iranian diplomats in Tehran...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Capital city of Raipur is crucial for all parties, as it has four Assembly constituencies. Congress party which has been trying to make inroads into these constituencies is now in search of a new district president for the Capital city...