- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
‘We continue to engage with China through diplomatic channels’
A day after Chinese Defence Ministry spokesperson threatened India by saying “our restraint has a bottomline,” India maintained that it continues to engage with them through diplomatic channels to find a mutually acceptable solution.
“We continue to engage with China through diplomatic channels to find a mutually acceptable solution,” External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Gopal Baglay said on Friday. While adding that India’s objective is to achieve peace and tranquility, Baglay expressed confidence that this will be achieved through diplomacy. He also said India has been in continuous coordination and consultation with Bhutan on the Doklam issue.
Baglay, however, refused to get into the details of how India and China are communicating diplomatically and how far they have gone in resolving the issue. He also refused to respond to the Chinese claim of troop reduction by India from 400 to 40 in Doklam, saying all these are operational matters.
Ren Guoqiang, a spokesperson of the Chinese Defense Ministry said since the incident occurred, China has shown utmost goodwill and sought to communicate with India through diplomatic channels to resolve the incident. He added Chinese armed forces have also shown a high level of restraint with an eye to the general bilateral relations and the regional peace and stability.
- 3 sisters raped for months by 5; prime accused arrested 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 18-year-old girl killed by father for tryst with lover on phone 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Such move will only encourage ‘rape’ culture: Mehbooba 19 Jul 2018 | Mohit Kandhari
- Togadia: BJP has reneged on Assam election pledge to deport Bangladeshis 19 Jul 2018 | Anup Sharma
- Church sex scandal: Police question Kerala Cardinal 19 Jul 2018 | VR Jayaraj
- DMK ups ante, demands EPS to quit immediately 19 Jul 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Attend no-confidence motion against Modi Govt: Didi to TMC MPs 19 Jul 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- TDP MPs meet Lalu for no-trust support 19 Jul 2018 | Faizan Ahmad
- ‘Come, pay and stay’ in Kerala prison; proposal on anvil 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- CRS probe puts blame on BMC 19 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Counselling for admission in BE, B Pharmacy, MCA courses second year (Third semester) and BE part-time course first year through lateral entry has commenced. In the first phase, the online registration based on merit of qualifying examination will be done from July 20 to August one till 3 pm...