- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Prayer for Thai boys
With the world focussed on the cave rescue of the trapped Thai boys, the ball by ball account has become a life-positive story in a crowd of conflict and political reportage. After 12 days and with rapidly receding hopes — last heard oxygen levels in the subterranean cave were dipping low and a fresh spell of rains predicted more flooding — all nations are stretching every limb for what could be the greatest human endeavour of our time. We do not know whether the untrained boys will be able to dive in perilously murky waters or whether rescue workers can drill an escape chute through the slippery and rained out rocks. But it is a chance that the world is ready to take.
Football stars like Ronaldo are cheering them, the FIFA president has even invited them to watch the World Cup finals and billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk is doing everything possible to aid their extraction. Will fate deal a cruel hand? If the boys could hold out 12 days of blackout, don’t they deserve a chance to get back in the land of the living? But as everybody came together to save mankind as it were, the danger suddenly thickened like black clouds. Perhaps it is a test of human will. Or perhaps a reason enough for the world to open its eyes that survival and not destruction is always the bigger story.
- New definition of hugplomacy 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Whose Story Needs To Be Told? 14 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Hindu-Pak 13 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Death as a Product 12 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Waste Water Wonder 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- She is back 10 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Mind factory 03 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- The end of the possession game 03 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Save Rainwater 30 Jun 2018 | Pioneer
- Saying no to plastic 27 Jun 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...