- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Waste Water Wonder
The Delhi Government has announced plans to make potable water from treated wastewater, and as such that is not a bad idea as Delhi’s population grows to unmanageable numbers alongside growing demand for water. Huge lines and regular fights for water are a reality in low-income neighbourhoods during the peak months of summer. With no control on farmers growing water-intensive basmati rice upstream of Delhi (a lot more planning to crop patterns has to paid due to an impending water crisis) using waste water appears to be the only solution. But should people be informed that they are drinking water that they previously passed out?
No. People across the world have to get used to this reality and as long as modern sewage treatment plants can run effectively removing chemical and biological contaminants what is the problem. Astronauts and Cosmonauts in the International Space Station drink their own treated water all the time. Arvind Kejriwal and the Delhi Government should be commended for realising that there is a water crisis in the city and doing something about it, unlike in many other states where political and bureaucratic leadership has ignored the problem for years. This will be at their own peril going forward.
- New definition of hugplomacy 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Whose Story Needs To Be Told? 14 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Hindu-Pak 13 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Death as a Product 12 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- She is back 10 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Prayer for Thai boys 06 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Mind factory 03 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- The end of the possession game 03 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Save Rainwater 30 Jun 2018 | Pioneer
- Saying no to plastic 27 Jun 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...