Sorghum: Popularly called jowar in India, this millet has several health benefits. First, being that it is gluten-free and helps a person on a diet to lose weight. The other major health benefits includes the millet’s ability to prevent certain types of cancer, help control diabetes improve digestion, build strong bones and boost energy.
It is the fifth most important cereal crop after wheat, corn, rice and barley. Jowar is full of nutrients too. It provides vitamins like niacin, riboflavin, and thiamin and has high levels of magnesium, iron, copper, calcium and potassium. An increase in iron means better oxidisation of blood leading to better oxidisation of tissues, muscles and organs. It also provides almost half of the daily intake of protein and dietary fibre.
The millet also contains phosphorus which helps to maintain the response of emotions, neurons and hormones.
- The Sound treatment 21 Aug 2018 | Dr Rajat Gupta
- Baby skin needs TLC 21 Aug 2018 | Megha Dua
- Docyard | Go for iodine if thyroid is an issue 21 Aug 2018 | Dr SK Wangnoo
- SummerCooler 21 Aug 2018 | Pioneer
- DadiKaKehna 21 Aug 2018 | Roshani Devi
- TIPTOP 21 Aug 2018 | Pioneer
- SlimLine 21 Aug 2018 | Pioneer
- Studycentre 21 Aug 2018 | Pioneer
- Keep fit with mDiabetes 14 Aug 2018 | Pioneer Health
- Gaming disorder 14 Aug 2018 | Anna Chandy
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The beauty of city of lakes painted through vibrant colours and the eye catching shades over canvas spellbound the art appreciators. A group painting exhibition is being put up at Swaraj Bhavan Art Gallery that began here from Monday...