Holi is round the corner and there are needs galore to protect your skin from colour injuries as also your hair from falling victim to chemicals. ROSHANI DEVI tells you how
If you can manage to keep your entire circle of friends in the organic herbal colour circle, you need not read on but if that’s not possible, here are some simple things to do:
1. There is just one wholesome mantra you need before stepping out for the festivities: Apply oil all over your body as if there will be no tomorrow. Completely douse your hair too as they are the most vulnerable to Holi colours.
2. To protect your nails from longtime colouring, apply two thick coats of nail paint. So, when you are drenched in colour, the paint will turn blue or black but your nails will remain intact. Take off the nail paint before taking a bath.
3. Before taking a bath, wipe your eyes with rose water and prepare a homemade scrub by mixing yoghurt, besan, haldi and rose water to apply on your skin instead of soap. Scrub well before bathing and all the colour will go off.
4. But if you did not apply oil, nothing of the above will work effectively.
- The Sound treatment 21 Aug 2018 | Dr Rajat Gupta
- Baby skin needs TLC 21 Aug 2018 | Megha Dua
- Docyard | Go for iodine if thyroid is an issue 21 Aug 2018 | Dr SK Wangnoo
- SummerCooler 21 Aug 2018 | Pioneer
- DadiKaKehna 21 Aug 2018 | Roshani Devi
- TIPTOP 21 Aug 2018 | Pioneer
- SlimLine 21 Aug 2018 | Pioneer
- Studycentre 21 Aug 2018 | Pioneer
- Keep fit with mDiabetes 14 Aug 2018 | Pioneer Health
- Gaming disorder 14 Aug 2018 | Anna Chandy
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The beauty of city of lakes painted through vibrant colours and the eye catching shades over canvas spellbound the art appreciators. A group painting exhibition is being put up at Swaraj Bhavan Art Gallery that began here from Monday...