- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Doctors at Indraprashtha Apollo Hospitals successfully performed a complicated and critical surgery to save the life of a one-year-old Tanzanian baby boy, Fravianous. The boy had a rare congenital heart disease called Hemitruncus. He was operated upon by a team of doctors — Dr Muthu Jothi, senior consultant, paediatric cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr AK Ganjoo, senior consultant, cardiology, Dr Deepa Sarkar, consultant, paediatric cardiac anesthetist.
Explaining the case Dr. Muthu Jothi said: “When we first saw the patient we knew that this will be a high-risk surgery but we decided to go ahead and operate as the child would not survive without it. A normal heart has four chambers and four valves. In this case, the patient had no right lung and no blood vessel going to the right lung. He had only left lung and the left pulmonary artery arising from the aorta. The patient also had a big hole in the heart. Normally the oxygen saturation levels are around 95-100 but as the child had recurring chest infections came in with a saturation of 35.”
“Doctors are considered no less than God. My son has got a second life when they saved my little boy,” Dativa, mother of the patient, said.
Giving further details, Dr Jothi said, “In order to treat the disorder, we first closed the hole in patient’s heart. We detached the left lung blood vessel coming from the aorta and then between the left lung blood vessel and right side of the heart we engrafted a tube. The tube was made up of cow’s veins. As the patient had only one lung, he will take time to recover. The patient needs to be on medication for some time and needs proper care as he just has one lung to perform all the functions,” Dr Jothi added.
- Eating out with Diabetes 17 Jul 2018 | Dr Gaurav Thukral
- Docyard : Keep your heart healthy 17 Jul 2018 | Dr Vipul Gupta
- Bone identity in pre-diabetic phase 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Summer Cooler 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- DadiKaKehna 17 Jul 2018 | Roshani Devi
- Tiptop 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Studycentre 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- SlimLine 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Mind it 10 Jul 2018 | Muskan Jain
- For shiny healthy locks 10 Jul 2018 | Dr Arvind Poswal
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...