- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Canned foods packaged in plastic containers can increase the risk of developing inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), an intestinal disorder that causes prolonged inflammation of the digestive tract, reveals a new study. Bisphenol A (BPA) is an endocrine disrupting chemical used in consumer products such as water bottles, containers to store food and beverages among others and is known to affect the crucial stages of development.
Some symptoms of inflammation of the intestinal tract include diarrhoea, rectal bleeding, urgent need to move bowels, abdominal cramps and pain, sensation of incomplete evacuation, and constipation (which can lead to bowel obstruction). There could also be other general symptoms such as fever, loss of appetite, weight loss, fatigue, night sweats, and loss of normal menstrual cycle. Some tips:
Identify the triggers. For some, these triggers could be foods like dairy products. Identifying the foods that trigger the symptoms and avoiding them is crucial.
Go for less gassy foods. Avoid beans, cabbage, and cauliflower as these can cause gas. Consume more of foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
Eat smaller meals.
Keep yourself adequately hydrated Drink plenty of water and other fluids. However, limit the consumption of caffeine and alcohol.
— Courtesy Heart Care Foundation of India
- Eating out with Diabetes 17 Jul 2018 | Dr Gaurav Thukral
- Docyard : Keep your heart healthy 17 Jul 2018 | Dr Vipul Gupta
- Bone identity in pre-diabetic phase 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Summer Cooler 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- DadiKaKehna 17 Jul 2018 | Roshani Devi
- Tiptop 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Studycentre 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- SlimLine 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Mind it 10 Jul 2018 | Muskan Jain
- For shiny healthy locks 10 Jul 2018 | Dr Arvind Poswal
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...