For shiny healthy locks
Dr Arvind Poswal lists hair care tips to keep your hair healthy and shiny this season
Beat the heat and the rainy season that makes the hair fall weak. To keep it soft and lustrous, it is essential to prep your hair to be summer ready as heat can often be very irritating and strenuous. Say goodbye to bad hair days by adapting the following hair care tips daily to keep hair healthy and shiny:
· Stop frying the hair: The sun is already beating down on us. Avoid products like blow dryers, straighteners and curling rods. Try embracing your natural hair.
· Get a trim: This summer get a new look by getting your hair trimmed or by going in for a haircut. Short hair are easy to manage and shall give you enhanced looks, too. Getting rid of dry or split ends is very important as they hamper healthy growth of hair. They also give a very rough and an untidy appearance to the hair.
· Start consuming plenty of fluids: Intake of plenty of fluids like water, smoothies, juices, shakes, lemonade and coconut water are very essential for the body. Staying hydrated maintains and cools the body temperature and makes us feel refreshed. Men please note.
· Go for deep conditioning: Prolonged exposure to sun often makes our hair rough, dry and brittle. Thus, deep conditioning is crucial for revitalising and rejuvenating the hair so that the scalp feels nourished and fresh. It also restores the moisture which is often lost during summer days.
· Cover them up: It is very essential to cover your hair with a scarf or hat before heading out in the sun. It prevents direct exposure to our hair from sunrays thus reinstating the moisture content in it. Also, the scarf and hat prevent your hair from getting tangled during hot winds.
· Avoid tying your hair tightly: Loose buns, up knots and messy braids give a very chic look. Tight hair knots can be very uncomfortable and excruciating. Tying of hair tightly can also lead to excessive hair fall and hair damage. Stay cool, loose, messy and trendy!
· Make oiling a habit: Regular oiling is a must as this shall shoo away dry and rough hair. Oiling helps to restore all the essential oils required for nourishment of healthy scalp and hair. Coconut, avocado and olive oil penetration in our scalp is very essential.
Managing damaged hair can be tough but incorporating some of these simple habits, can change the game. Few alterations in your hair care regime, can do wonders.
The writer is hair expert, Dr A’s Clinic
- Eating out with Diabetes 17 Jul 2018 | Dr Gaurav Thukral
- Docyard : Keep your heart healthy 17 Jul 2018 | Dr Vipul Gupta
- Bone identity in pre-diabetic phase 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Summer Cooler 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- DadiKaKehna 17 Jul 2018 | Roshani Devi
- Tiptop 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Studycentre 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- SlimLine 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Mind it 10 Jul 2018 | Muskan Jain
- Anxiety Disorders 10 Jul 2018 | Pioneer Health
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...