- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
India top medal tally in Track Asia Cup
India topped the medal tally with seven gold, nine silver and five bronze medals in the Track Asia Cup at the IGI Sports Complex here today.
Indian Cycling team today finished their campaign by winning four medals, including two silver and two bronze on final day of the tournament.
China finished second with four gold and two silver medals while Indonesia secured third place with four Gold, one silver and two bronze medals.
In the morning session, India juniors Mayur Pawar and J K Ashwin secured silver and bronze respectively in Sprint event.
Mayur clocked 11.045s with a speed of 65.188km/hr, while Ashwin finished in 11.098s with 64.877km/hr speed.
Indonesia's Terry Yudha won gold with 10.850s, his speed was 66.359km/hr. The bronze medal of Women Elite Sprint event was won by P Nayana Rajesh with 11.940s. China's Chaorui Song and Yufang Guo bagged the gold & silver respectively.
Ranjit Singh added a silver to India's tally after clinching the medal in Men Keirin event. Malaysia's Muhammad Fadhil won the gold, while his teammate Muhammad Khairil Nizam Rasol bagged the bronze.
In Men Omnium event, Ashton Lambe of USA added a silver to the gold medal that he won yesterday in the 4Km Individual Pursuit event.
Kazakhstan's Assylkhan Turar secured the gold with 163 points, while China's Liang Guo earned 135 points to clinch the bronze.
Biggest upset for India was when Deborah finished fifth in her favourite event Keirin, even though she secured a berth for the World Cup.
In Keirin, out of 5 rounds, in last 2.5 rounds cyclists have to defeat through their speed.
China cyclists Shanju Bao and Chaorui Song claimed gold and silver respectively, while P Nayana Rajesh, who is representing India's second team 'SAINCA' claimed bronze.
- India jump one place to 5th in latest FIH rankings 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Maradona takes charge of Belarusian club Dynamo Brest 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Shivalkar praises Kuldeep for accuracy, loop 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India, England aim for series win in final ODI 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- It was the best game we played in World Cup: Dalic 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Djokovic wins fourth Wimbledon title 15 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Griezmann gives France 2-1 lead on VAR penalty 15 Jul 2018 | AP
- Manu, Anmol claim mixed air pistol team gold 15 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Putin passes torch to Qatar for World Cup 2022 15 Jul 2018 | AP
- Rahane and Vijay set to play for India A against Lions, team selection post match 15 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...