- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
‘2006-07 was possibly lowest for Team India’
Sachin Tendulkar on Tuesday said Indian cricket had possibly touched its lowest ebb leading upto the 2007 World Cup before recovering to move in a new direction.
"I think 2006-07 we were possibly (at) lowest (phase)," the legendary batsman recalled at a programme here. "We didn't qualify for the Super 8 stage of the 2007 World Cup. But we got back from there and started fresh thinking, we started moving in a new direction."
It was the phase during which Greg Chappell was at the helm as India coach, perhaps the most turbulent tenure in Indian cricket marred by his public fallout with senior Indian players.
"We had to make a lot of changes. And once we had planned what we had to achieve as a team, we were committed to it and the results followed. We had to change a lot of things. Whether they were right or wrong we didn't know. The change did not happen overnight. We had to wait for results. In fact it took me 21 years of my career to lift that beautiful World Cup trophy," he added.
Tendulkar was part of the Indian squad which lifted the 2011 World Cup under the captaincy of Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- Shubhankar makes cut at The Open 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Zaman double ton leads demolition 21 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Maharaj 8-fer rattles SL 21 Jul 2018 | AP
- I’ll start playing in three weeks: Jadhav 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Swann predicts Indian comeback 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Squad for COTIF U-20 named 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- U-16 colts lose to Thailand 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Pep wants City stars rested and ready 21 Jul 2018 | AFP
- I’m staying in Paris, says Neymar 21 Jul 2018 | AFP
- India to play China in historic match 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...