- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Yuki wins Taipei Challenger
taipei: Yuki Bhambri won his first singles Challenger title of the 2018 season, and seventh overall, when he outplayed compatriot Ramkumar Ramanathan 6-3, 6-4 in the final of the Taipei event, a victory which will push him back into the top-100 bracket. Fourth seed Yuki, who skipped last week's Davis Cup tie in China due to a minor abdomen injury, needed one hour and 29 minutes to down Ramkumar in the all-Indian clash. Yuki earned 125 ranking points and a prize purse of $ 21,600 while Ramkumar got 75 points and $ 12,720 for his effort. In the doubles event, comeback-man Saketh Myneni and Prajnesh Gunneswaran had to be content with a runners-up finish after losing the final 4-6, 7-5, 6-10 to Mathew Ebden and Andrew Whittington.
Red Bull's Ricciardo wins Chinese Grand Prix
shanghai: Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo celebrated with a trademark 'shoey' after winning a sensational Chinese Grand Prix in thrilling style on Sunday. The Australian carved his way through the field from sixth place, after taking on fresh tyres under a safety car, to storm to the sixth grand prix victory of his career. "I don't seem to win boring races. They're all pretty fun," said an elated Ricciardo, who filled one of his shoes with champagne on the podium and chugged it in what has become a signature 'shoey' victory celebration. C’ship leader Sebastian Vettel, who led from the pole dropped back to finish eighth. While defending world champion Lewis Hamilton crossed the line fifth but was promoted to fourth after Verstappen penalty was applied.
- Singles 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Argentina sack Sampaoli 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Serena climbs 153 spots 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Novak now on to his favourite hunting ground: US 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Chandimal faces 4 ODIs, 2 Tests ban 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Shivalkar praises Kuldeep for accuracy 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India eye series win 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Lessons from the World Cup 17 Jul 2018 | Piyush Bisht
- ‘Win 'as beautiful' as 1998 victory’ 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Croatian players get good Press at home 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...