- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
All eyes on Gambhir’s return to Kolkata
Skipper Dinesh Karthik will face a big test when a struggling Kolkata Knight Riders lock horns with a resurgent Delhi Daredevils, led by double title winning former KKR skipper Gautam Gambhir, in a much-anticipated IPL clash here on Monday.
After back-to-back defeats, Karthik-led KKR will be desperate for a revival, while Delhi will hope to continue their momentum after snapping a two-match losing streak in style against Mumbai Indians on Saturday.
On the field, it will be Gambhir who will have the upper hand despite DD's poor 8-12 head-to-head record against KKR. Gambhir, who was associated with KKR since 2011, has better knowledge of the conditions and he will be keen to make a point against his former franchise.
Included in the DD side at the expense of Colin Munro, Roy showed his prowess with a sizzling display as the Englishmen smashed his career best T20 score to pull off a tricky last ball victory.
Gambhir can heave a sigh of relief after their batting combination clicked following some experimentation in the first two matches. He too would like to score some runs against his former franchise.
As DD look to climb up the table, KKR will be keen to arrest their slide and they will have to do a lot of soul-searching - first and foremost would be to get their batting organised.
Karthik would hope that his deputy Robin Uthappa, who is a KKR veteran, shoulders more responsibility with the bat as his scores of 13, 29 and 3 have been a big letdown.
It's also high time that Karthik backs his skill and makes an impact before questions are raised about his captaincy as he would be under immense pressure in one of the biggest tests of his career.
- Singles 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Argentina sack Sampaoli 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Serena climbs 153 spots 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Novak now on to his favourite hunting ground: US 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Chandimal faces 4 ODIs, 2 Tests ban 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Shivalkar praises Kuldeep for accuracy 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India eye series win 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Lessons from the World Cup 17 Jul 2018 | Piyush Bisht
- ‘Win 'as beautiful' as 1998 victory’ 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Croatian players get good Press at home 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...