- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
City eye record after title win
Champions Manchester City have set their sights on rewriting the record books after clinching the Premier League title.
Pep Guardiola's side were crowned kings of English football on Sunday as their arch rivals Manchester United slumped to a shock 1-0 defeat against struggling West Bromwich Albion.
City are 16 points clear of second placed United, who can only take a maximum of 15 points from their remaining matches.
Given the way they have demolished all challengers in the league, it was apparent months ago that it was only a matter of when rather than if City would take the title.
But sealing the silverware thanks to a slip from old enemies United and their boss Jose Mourinho — a long-time rival of Guardiola — was a sweet moment, especially after they lost to their neighbours in the Manchester derby last weekend.
Winning the title with five matches to go makes City the joint earliest champions in the Premier League era — matching the achievement of the 2000-01 Manchester United team.
That is just one of a welter of statistical feats that have led some to rank City among the Premier League's greatest ever teams.
Whether they deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Manchester United's 1999 treble winners or the 2004 Arsenal 'Invincibles' is up for debate.
But City, who will stage a title party when they host Swansea on Sunday, have a chance to underline their credentials over their last five matches.
Fuelled by the majestic form of Kevin De Bruyne, David Silva, Sergio Aguero and Raheem Sterling, City set a new Premier League record earlier this season by winning 18 successive matches.
- The Open is my best chance: Woods 18 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Tim Cahill bids goodbye 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Pep among coaches Argentine wants 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- More than 250,000 welcome Croats 18 Jul 2018 | AP
- HEROES RETURN HOME 18 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Sharma ready to live dream at The Open 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- ‘Hima should be given financial support’ 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Tough draw for Sindhu at World C’ship 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India move to fifth spot in FIH rankings 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Joining Juventus means moving forward: Ronaldo 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...