- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
do-or-die for Colombia
Title contenders United States of America would like to keep their all-win record intact against a desperate Colombia, who are unlikely to settle for anything less than a victory in a Group A encounter of the FIFA U-17 World Cup, here on Thursday.
USA are already through to the round of 16 with back-to-back victories against hosts India (3-0) and Ghana (1-0).
Colombia on the other hand had lost to Ghana 0-1 in their opening encounter before getting full points against India with a narrow 2-1 win.
With Ghana likely to press hard for a win against India, Colombia would like to win the US encounter rather than wait for the best third place result. With their berth in the next round confirmed, USA would be eager to play aggressive brand of football and challenge their South American opponents from the onset.
Captain and striker Josh Sargent, Tim Weah, son of former FIFA World Player of the Year and Liberia great George Weah, will be eager to pump home a few more goals before the knock out rounds start. A win against Colombia will be a morale booster for USA before their clash in the next round and the coach would expect that his boys end the group stage on a high note.
Live at 8pm in Sony Ten network.
- Singles 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Argentina sack Sampaoli 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Serena climbs 153 spots 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Novak now on to his favourite hunting ground: US 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Chandimal faces 4 ODIs, 2 Tests ban 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Shivalkar praises Kuldeep for accuracy 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India eye series win 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Lessons from the World Cup 17 Jul 2018 | Piyush Bisht
- ‘Win 'as beautiful' as 1998 victory’ 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Croatian players get good Press at home 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...