- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Messi finally conquers Buffon
As the Champions League opened with a series of one-sided games, Jose Mourinho was blunt. For the Manchester United manager, it wasn't the Champions League at all.
"For the Real Madrids, Barcelonas and Bayerns, the Champions League starts in February. Now is just the warming up," Mourinho said after a routine win for his Manchester United team over Swiss club Basel.
Barcelona's 3-0 win over Juventus was something of an exception, if only because the Italian team - last season's defeated finalist - had been expected to put up more of a fight.
In the event, Lionel Messi started another European campaign in imperious fashion with two goals against an injury-depleted Juventus side.
Manchester United's players didn't have to exert themselves too much to see off Swiss side Basel 3-0, as Romelu Lukaku scored his sixth goal in six United appearances.
In Lisbon, Benfica let slip a 1-0 lead to lose 2-1 to CSKA Moscow.
In Group B, PSG's expensively assembled forward line of Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani ran riot against Celtic in a 5-0 win. Bayern seemed rustier in its 3-0 win over Anderlecht, leading by just one goal at halftime.
Group C saw Chelsea needing nothing special to thrash Azerbaijan's Qarabag 6-0. Atletico Madrid’s poor finishing made it them look well short of high-standard in a 0-0 draw with Roma.
Lionel Messi started the new European season with yet another game-winning performance for Barcelona in Group D as the Catalan club's record signing Ousmane Dembele made his debut to be part of Barcelona's three-goal winning margin against a weakened opponent in Juventus to whon they lost in last year's quarterfinals. Juventus was missing defender Giorgio Chiellini, forward Mario Mandzukic and midfielder Sami Khedira through injury, while Juan Cuadrado was suspended.
- Shubhankar makes cut at The Open 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Zaman double ton leads demolition 21 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Maharaj 8-fer rattles SL 21 Jul 2018 | AP
- I’ll start playing in three weeks: Jadhav 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Swann predicts Indian comeback 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Squad for COTIF U-20 named 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- U-16 colts lose to Thailand 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Pep wants City stars rested and ready 21 Jul 2018 | AFP
- I’m staying in Paris, says Neymar 21 Jul 2018 | AFP
- India to play China in historic match 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...