- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Pak beat World XI by 20 runs
On a historic day for Pakistan cricket, the hosts beat World XI by 20 runs on Tuesday.
Put into bat, one-drop batsman Babar Azam top-scored with a 52-ball 86 studded with 10 boundaries and two sixes, adding 122 for the second wicket with Ahmed Shehzad who made 39.
However, World XI struggled to stay in hunt from the start. At one point they were 101/2 in 13th over, but quick fall of wickets after that proved fatal for them in their run chase as they ended with 177/7. World XI skipper Faf du Plessis top scored with 29, while Sohail Khan impressed with the ball with his 2/28.
Pakistan were the real winners not only on the field, but of it too after successfully managing to host a match of this magnitude.
Since 2009 Pakistan has played most of its home matches in the United Arab Emirates and also staged two editions of its premier domestic T20 tournament — the Pakistan Super League — in the UAE. It is only the second time Pakistan has hosted an international match since a 2009 terror attack on the Sri Lankan team bus, also in Lahore. Only Zimbabwe has toured Pakistan — for a short limited-overs series two years ago.
- Shubhankar makes cut at The Open 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Zaman double ton leads demolition 21 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Maharaj 8-fer rattles SL 21 Jul 2018 | AP
- I’ll start playing in three weeks: Jadhav 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Swann predicts Indian comeback 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Squad for COTIF U-20 named 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- U-16 colts lose to Thailand 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Pep wants City stars rested and ready 21 Jul 2018 | AFP
- I’m staying in Paris, says Neymar 21 Jul 2018 | AFP
- India to play China in historic match 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...