- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Pradeep ruled out of rest of india series
In a massive blow to Sri Lanka, pace spearhead Nuwan Pradeep was on Friday ruled out of the ongoing Test series against India due to a hamstring injury, leaving the hosts with just one medium pacer in the second match.
Pradeep, who had taken six wickets in the opening Test, had bowled only four balls with the second new ball yesterday and did not take field today.
The fresh injury blow to the hosts means that they have services of just one medium pacer, Dimuth Karunaratne, in the ongoing second Test.
"Nuwan Pradeep's out for one or two months," Karunaratne said at the press-conference after second day's play.
"I started my career as a bowler, not as a batsman, so I can bowl. The thing is there are a lot of bowlers who can bowl faster than 130-135," he said.
"We played only with one pace option, so when they asked me if we need to bowl a few overs with the new ball, I said I could. That's why I bowled a few overs with Chaminda Vaas to see how it goes."
- Singles 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Argentina sack Sampaoli 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Serena climbs 153 spots 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Novak now on to his favourite hunting ground: US 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Chandimal faces 4 ODIs, 2 Tests ban 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Shivalkar praises Kuldeep for accuracy 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India eye series win 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Lessons from the World Cup 17 Jul 2018 | Piyush Bisht
- ‘Win 'as beautiful' as 1998 victory’ 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Croatian players get good Press at home 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...