- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Rahul rises in T20 rankings
In-form India batsman Lokesh Rahul has jumped nine places to reach a career-high third spot in the latest ICC T20 rankings while his team has gained a place to be second in the team standings following the series win against England.
Rahul's scores of 70, 101 not out, six and 19 have made him India's highest-ranked batsman. Rohit Sharma in 11th rank (up by two places) and captain Virat Kohli in 12th rank (down by four places) are the next highest-ranked India batsmen.
Australia opener Aaron Finch became the first player in the history of T20 Internationals to break the 900-point mark as he moved up three places to finish the tri-series in Harare against Pakistan and Zimbabwe as the top-ranked batsman in the shortest format of the game.
Finch, who captained Australia to the final, had touched the 900-point mark following his record-breaking knock of 172 (76b, 10x6, 16x4) against Zimbabwe in Harare on 3 July.
In the bowling table, Rashid Khan of Afghanistan and Shadab Khan of Pakistan have retained the top two positions, but there have been a number of movements down the order with Australia's Andrew Tye and Billy Stanlake, and England's trio of Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett and David Willey achieving career-high rankings.
- The Open is my best chance: Woods 18 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Tim Cahill bids goodbye 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Pep among coaches Argentine wants 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- More than 250,000 welcome Croats 18 Jul 2018 | AP
- HEROES RETURN HOME 18 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Sharma ready to live dream at The Open 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- ‘Hima should be given financial support’ 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Tough draw for Sindhu at World C’ship 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India move to fifth spot in FIH rankings 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Joining Juventus means moving forward: Ronaldo 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...