- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Sindhu, Srikanth eye Thai title
Top shuttlers P V Sindhu and Kidambi Srikanth would look to continue their impressive run in their quest for first title of the season when they lead India's challenge at the $350,000 BWF World Tour Super 500 tournament starting here on Tuesday.
Olympic Silver medallist Sindhu and former world no 1 Srikanth were in rampaging form last season, clinching multiple crowns but this season so far a title has eluded both despite dishing out consistent performances in major tournaments.
While Sindhu finished runners-up at India Open and Commonwealth Games, Srikanth too clinched a Silver at Gold Coast and helped India achieve the coveted mixed team Gold with the help of a victory over Malaysian legend Lee Chong Wei in the final.
This week, Sindhu will open her campaign against Bulgaria's Linda Zetchiri, while Srikanth faces a qualifier in the men's singles event.
Saina Nehwal, who won her second Gold at Commonwealth Games in April, will also look for a good outing after two second round exits in the last two weeks. She will face Thailand's Busanan Ongbamrungphan in the first round.
Coming back after recovering from an inflammation in his ankle joint, H S Prannoy, who had reached the semifinals in two major events and won the US Open last year, will face Spain's Pablo Abian, who clinched the title at White Nights yesterday.
Switzerland Open champion Sameer Verma too will look to go deep in the draw when he opens his proceedings against Thailand's Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk.
Also returning to action after recovering from a stress fracture on his shin is 2014 Commonwealth Games champion Parupalli Kashyap. He will face China's top seed Shi Yuqi in the opening round.
In men's doubles, CWG Silver medallists Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty, national champion Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy, rising pair of Arjun MR and Ramchandran Shlok and new combination of Kona Tarun and Saurabh Sharma will also be seen.
- The Open is my best chance: Woods 18 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Tim Cahill bids goodbye 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Pep among coaches Argentine wants 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- More than 250,000 welcome Croats 18 Jul 2018 | AP
- HEROES RETURN HOME 18 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Sharma ready to live dream at The Open 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- ‘Hima should be given financial support’ 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Tough draw for Sindhu at World C’ship 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India move to fifth spot in FIH rankings 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Joining Juventus means moving forward: Ronaldo 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...