‘Want to revive Kalaripayattu’
In a unique collaboration between United States of America and India, and under the leadership and vision of Aditya Satsangi, founder and CEO of Nitai Partners, along with taekwondo expert Abhai Singh Rathore, KalariPro was launched here on Thursday to revive the ancient martial art of India: Kalaripayattu. Satsangi said that Kalaripayattu is the origin of all martial arts.
"We want to revive the ancient martial art of India and that is Kalaripayattu. People don't know that our country is origin of all martial arts. It came from the south region of our country. It's an amalgamation of all martial arts and it is believed that father of Kalaripayattu is Karthik (son of lord Shiva). What we aim to do is bringing the professional martial art culture into our tradition martial art. In Korea, in all their martial arts, they pay homage to India. They respect Indians like anything because they are aware of the fact that it's the origin place for martial arts," said Aditya.
MP of Rajya Sabha, Subramanian Swamy said he was happy to see that Kalaripayattu was getting the much-needed economic push.
Satsangi also explained that they would be setting up schools in various regions of India and providing international standard trainer to teach the art.
- Boycott slams India’s batting 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Stokes acquitted of affray; included in Test squad 15 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Kohli's plea to fans: Never give up on us 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Bumrah eyes return as Kohli struggles 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Extra Cover 14 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Stokes participation ruled out for third Test 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- ‘We need to find positives from loss’ 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rafa claims 80th ATP World Tour title 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- Nadal plays tsitsipas in final 13 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Dananjaya, Matthews shine as Sri Lanka thrash Proteas 13 Aug 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...