Aadi Mahotsav concludes at Gauhar Mahal by TRIFED
A craft mela Aadi Mahaotsav organised at Gauhar Mahal concluded with a lot of fervor here on Thursday. A huge foot fall of the shopaholics of the city marked the grand closure of the exhibition cum sale.
For the shopaholics the craft fair turned out to be a shopping paradise, as they could explore the exquisite and beautiful tribal art pieces from across the country. From artificial jewellery to home décor all was a wonderful experience for the shopaholics of the city.
The Aadi Mahaotsav was organised by the, Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED), Ministry of Tribal Affairs Government of India New Delhi.
This craft mela was all about handloom material and people of Bhopal explores the various vibrant colours of India. Bhopal Haat is furnished with the cultures of Gujarat, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Banaras, West Bengal, Ranchi, Kolkata and Uttar Pradesh.
Amit Bhatnagar, Deputy General Manager TRIFED, New Delhi said that TRIFED works for craft vendors belonging to different tribes and leading a livelihood in different regions of the country. TRIFED often take them on tours in a group so that they can earn the profit directly by selling their material in any handloom fair in India or overseas.
All the vendors had brought a range of colours, designs, sizes and qualities. Showcasing the beautiful and unique collection of outfits, jewellery and decorative pieces the exhibition is captivating the attention of Bhopalites.
The people shopped with great fervor and usually a heavy crowd is noticed in the evenings. Especially, the ladies of the city were more captivated towards the fair as it has got different versions of female stuff. The city of lakes got embellished with different traditions and cultures of the country under one roof. The response is pretty good.
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur