APCON discusses breast cancers
The second day of the National conference of Pathology APCON-2017 in the Gandhi Medical College gave an elaborate delineation on breast cancers. The day marked the national annual conference 2017 of the International Academy of Pathology– Indian Division.
The national conference is being organised under the supervision of the organising secretary Prof and Head Department of Pathology Dr Reeni Malik and organising chairman and Dean Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal Dr MC Songra from 6th December to 10th December by the Indian association of Pathologists and microbiologists (IAPM) and International academy of Pathology– Indian Division.
The day started with the lamp lighting tradition in the auspicious presence of honourable minister Alok Sanjarafter the inaugural Dr RK Nigam proposed a vote of thanks for the delegates and dignitaries in presence of Senior Pathologist Dr VK Trichhal and Dr Puneet Tandon.
The day opened up with the inaugural ceremony of the National annual conference of International academy of Pathology – Indian Divisionin which renowned foreign delegate Dr Anais Malpica from MD Anderson Cancer Center Houston, Texas, USAenlightened the pathologists on various cancers of Uterus through a video lecture on ‘Mesenchymal Tumours of the uterus’, in her lecture she went through all the dilemmas and doubts faced by gynaecologists and Pathologists in diagnosing and staging of the Cancer and so to decide the treatment modalities of the disease.
She very efficiently highlighted the conspicuous aspects of approaching the Uterine tumours which are usually neglected but are extremely significant for the better understanding of the disease. After the lecture, Dr Amanjit Bal from PGIMER Chandigarh commenced the series of seminars with Dr Ashim Das, Dr Sunita Kakkar, Dr Sandeep Mathur, Dr Uma Handa, Dr Debajyoti Chatterjee, Dr Ruchika Goel, Dr Kaniyappam Nambiar on ‘Breast core biopsy’ in which they spoke about all the important details required to study and understand the breast tissue samples and discussed different atypical cases faced by them in their respective careers. The sessions were immensely informative to detect and identify the types of breast disease, about differentiating them into benign and malignant lesions.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar