- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Capital witnesses light rainfall, denizens get relief from humidity
The State capital witnessed light rainfall in the evening providing relief from the hot and humid conditions in the day.
Met official said that the night temperature would be witnessed around 20 degree Celsius. The weather conditions would remain the same for the next 2-3 days and after the cloud cover would fade away within next 24 to 48 hours weather condition would attain normal pattern.
The prevailing hot and humid conditions in the city are due to the south easterly winds and clouding in the day.
The monsoon has withdrawn from most of the areas of Gwalior and Chambal divisions and few regions of Ujjain, Bhopal and Sagar divisions.
The state is still receiving moisture from Arabian Sea and which has maintained the weather condition and induced thundery activities and light rainfall.
Good amount of rainfall has been witnessed in 2-3 places in the state. The highest amount of rainfall was recorded in Khargone at 3 cm and Sendhwa, Badwaha and Balaghat recorded 2 cm of rainfall.
Day temperatures have been recorded at higher levels and highest day temperature was recorded at 37 degree Celsius in Gwalior and Damoh.
Bhopal recorded day temperature at 35 degree Celsius and night temperature at 21.2 degree Celsius.
Indore recorded a day temperature at 32.6 degree Celsius and night temperature at 24.2 degree Celsius. Gwalior recorded day temperature at 35.3 degree Celsius and night temperature at 24.2 degree Celsius. Jabalpur recorded day temperature at 33.1 degree Celsius and night temperature at 23.6 degree Celsius.
In the next 24 hours Hoshangabad, Betul, Balaghat, Seoni, Sidhi Chhindwara, Singrauli, Umaria, Dindori , Anuppur, Raisen, Vidisha, Khargone, Burhnapur, Badwani and Alirajpur are likely to receive light showers and witness thunder showers.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi