Chouhan promises hail-hit farmers compensation
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has told the hailstorm affected farmers that they should not worry at all in this hour of crisis. Full compensation will be provided against the crop loss. In his appeal to the farmers, the CM said that crop loss affects life and children’s future, but there is no need for the farmers to be worried and feel sad. Relief amount including crop insurance amount will fully compensate the crop loss.
The Government is with farmers every moment in this hour of crisis. Farmers will not face any kind of problem and there is no need for them to be worried, he further said.
Besides, Chouhan mentioned that damage caused to the crop by hailstorm will be fully assessed with transparency. Survey teams will be formed to ascertain the loss and activity to paste assessment of loss in panchayats will be started soon. In case of objection raised on the assessment by any person then it will be rectified immediately. The entire government is with farmers. We will not let farmers bear the loss. Earlier to this, Chouhan gathered information about the crop loss in the hailstorm affected areas by convening a high level meeting at CM House.
According to the initial information, the hailstorm has caused damage to the crop of 621 villages of 13 districts. The maximum damage to the crop has been caused in Bhopal, Vidisha, Sehore district of Bhopal division. Moreover, there is an information of substantial damage to the crop in Seoni, Chhindwara, Balaghat, Dewas and Hoshangabad.
About 27,000 hectare area has been affected by the hailstorm. The Chief Minister Chouhan has given instructions to begin the survey work immediately to assess the loss by forming teams of patwaris, gram sevaks, agriculture field staff and public representatives.
Chief Secretary BP Singh, Additional Chief Secretary Finance AP Shrivastava, Agriculture Production Commissioner PC Meena, Principal Secretary Agriculture Rajesh Rajoura, Principal Secretary Revenue Arun Pandey, Principal Secretaries to CM Ashok Varnval and SK Mishra besides other Senior Officers were present in the meeting.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi