- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Conclave to generate awareness on heritage tourism held
The PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry with an aim of generating awareness about promoting heritage tourism in the country with a focus on the mystical land of Khajuraho and putting it on the global map as a prominent heritage tourism destination, organised the 6th India Heritage Tourism Conclave, Sustaining Heritage Tourism of Khajuraho, on Friday in Khajuraho.
The objective of this conclave was to highlight the importance of the heritage city (Khajuraho) which has the largest group of medieval Hindu and Jain temples in India and is considered the ‘high point’ of Indian architectural genius during the medieval times.
Rajan Sehgal, Co Chairman, Tourism Committee, PHD Chamber, in his address highlighted the need of improvement in the connectivity infrastructure such as better rail and air connectivity which shall further aid in promoting tourism to the city.
Kavita Singh (Rani Sahiba), Mayor, Khajuraho emphasized on the promotion of heritage of places like Dobhal, Orchha, Bhimkund and Basmati which have remained unexplored, and said that the beauty of these places is mesmerizing.
Ambuj Saxena, from BnB Nation gave a presentation on how to encourage the inflow of tourists to Khajuraho by using social media. It is a unique way for the tourists to come and visit and share their experiences on social media.
Igor Polikha, Ambassador, Embassy of Ukraine to New Delhi, addressed the gathering in Hindi. He said that he was totally enchanted by the beauty of Khajuraho and was impressed by the cleanliness of the place. He said that there are more than 30,000 tourists who visit India from Ukraine. He requested the tour and travel operator industry to promote places like Khajuraho for the world to know and for people from all over the world to come and visit.
Brijendra Singh Rathore, Ex-MLA, Prithvipur/ Newari in his address expressed his gratitude to Raja Bundela, Brijendra Singh and Narayan Singh Bhayal for their contribution to promote Khajuraho. He also emphasized that it is the responsibility of the Central and the State government to jointly promote the heritage tourism of Khajuraho. He also stressed on the need for better air and rail connectivity.
GG Saxena, IAS (Retd), Former MD, Delhi Tourism Development Corporation, suggested a PPP model on the development of Khajuraho. He recommended starting special train services since the airfares are expensive. Since we have the best technology services in our country, we should do everything in preserving the heritage of a place like Khajuraho.
Arun Pateria, CMO, Khajuraho, in his address promised to take immediate action on all the suggestions and recommendations made by the eminent speakers in promoting the heritage tourism of Khajuarho. AB Shukla, IAS (Retd), Member, National Monuments Authority, emphasized on working together under one umbrella t develop and promote beautiful city of Khajuraho.
Raja Bundela, Member, Media and Entertainment Committee, PHD Chamber, in his address expressed his gratitude to all the distinguished speakers and guests present for the conclave. He stressed on forming a local committee in Khajuraho which would have local participation and will work closely on the problems faced by the tourists. He also said that there is a need for improving the tour packages for the tourists who visit Khajuraho. He also proposed to organise a theatre festival in Panna, Madhya Pradesh in the month of July or August 2017.
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar