Cong demands CBI inquiry in Bhayyu Maharaj’s death
The Madhya Pradesh unit of the Congress on Tuesday demanded a CBI inquiry into the death of spiritual guru Bhayyu Maharaj, claiming that he was under pressure to work for the BJP Government in the State.
The 50-year-old self-styled model-turned-spiritual guru, who had a large following among politicians, allegedly shot himself at his residence here. While talking to media persons, State Congress media department chief Manak Agarwal said, “Bhayyuji Maharaj had refused to accept ministerial rank granted by the Madhya Pradesh government. I had spoken to him some days back and Bhayyuji Maharaj had told me that he was under pressure from the BJP government to work for them.” The Congress leader demanded a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) into the spiritual guru's death. "The spiritual guru was under a lot of mental pressure. A CBI probe should be conducted to clear all doubts related to his extreme step," Agarwal said.
Bhayyu Maharaj was one of the five 'saints' to whom the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh had granted Minister of State (MoS) rank in April. However, he had refused to accept it, saying, “A post holds no importance for a saint.”
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan paid tribute to Bhayyu Maharaj and described him as a ‘confluence of culture, knowledge and service’. He tweeted, "My tribute to saint Bhayyuji Maharaj, The country has lost a person who was a confluence of culture, knowledge & service. Your thoughts will motivate society to follow the path of serving humanity."
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar