Cops disperse agitating farmers at CM's meeting
Police used mild force on the farmers when they were found creating ruckus during a programme of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan at Badarwas in Shivpuri district on Wednesday.
By-election is scheduled in the Kolaras Assembly constituency, where Congress MLA Rom Singh Yadav had passed away recently.
To target the farmers in the region, a Kisan Sammelan was organized at Badarwas and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was addressing them. At the same time, a number of farmers with their problems related to Bhavantar scheme of the State Government started creating ruckus.
Sensing the situation, the police officials flung into action and used force to disperse the agitating farmers.
Later, the Chief Minister told the gathering that he would remain present in the region overnight. "Since a huge gathering of farmers is present, I would stay overnight in Badarwas only and listen to the woes of every farmer," he added.
Meanwhile, the Congress has criticised the State Government for cane-charging the farmers. Leader of the Opposition in the State Assembly Ajay Singh said that the Chief Minister who always claimed that he is son of a farmer has become anti-farmer.
He claimed that the agitation of farmers at the Chief Minister's programme is an expression of anger brewing among the people against the State Government. While tweeting, senior Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia said that it is shameful that the farmers, who were invited to distribute cheques of Bhavantar scheme, were beaten up.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar