Deliberations on aspects of Rock Art research held
The three-day national seminar on ‘Rock Art of Central India: With Special Reference to Madhya Pradesh’ concluded with a valedictory session at Rock Art Conference Hall on Thursday.
The seminar has been organized by Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi in collaboration with Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sanghrahalaya (IGRMS), Bhopal. In the morning session the participants/scholars deliberated upon the various aspects of rock art research in the Central Indian region and India as a whole.
Simadri Ota (Former Joint Director General, Archaeological Society of India) who was presiding over the session congratulated the organizers for the excellent organization of this seminar on rock art studies of Central India. Dr. Ota also congratulated all the participants for presenting papers in the seminar.
In the afternoon session the valedictory address was given by Prof. VH Sonawane. Sonawane in his address deliberated upon the roles played by IGNCA and several individual scholars like VS Wakankar, AK Pandey and several others in study of rock art of central India.
BL Malla (Project Director, IGNCA) gave a brief background of projects to be initiated by IGNCA like field documentation, workshops, orientation workshops, exhibitions in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh in the coming years. IGNCA will be organizing workshops on Rock Art in the state of Madhya Pradesh very shortly.
Sarit K Chaudhuri, Director, IGRMS, Bhopal in his address highly appreciated the seminar for its definite approach and in chalking out a clear cut future plan for rock art studies in the state and India as a whole.
- Series of events on World Photography Day 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‘Shiv Bhakts’ to throng temples on last Monday of shrawan 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Miscreants commit loot in broad daylight 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Fitness freaks sprint to success in ‘Jamshedpur Run’ 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- KMEH forms executive committee to encourage eye donation 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ranchi girl shines at ‘Ms Plus Size’ beauty contest 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Six arrested for committing crimes in State capital 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 4 bodies recovered from well 20 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- 96 city buses fleet reduces to 15, no takers for city bus service 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jairam Ramesh posts positives about J’khand 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi