GMC implements measures to make drinking water safe
After scores of complaints about the contaminated water that was being supplied to the citizens, the Gwalior Municipal Corporation has implemented certain measures to make the drinking water safe.
According to experts, water that was being supplied earlier contained several poisonous compounds that could expose those who consume it regularly to many hazardous diseases.
In the first phase of the cleaning process, the civic body has decided to launch a special drive to clean all the water tanks in the city.
The general public and the municipal councilors in particular have been alleging that the water tanks had not been cleaned for many years and that it was causing the contamination of water.
Once the cleaning process is over, the water tanks will be given the anti-bacterial treatment.
Speaking to the media persons, RLS Maurya, the Superintending Engineer of PHE said that the accountability for the cleaning of the water tanks will be with the respective sub engineers of the area and strict action will be initiated against them if there are any more complains about contaminated water.
It is learnt from reliable sources that this step was taken by the Gwalior civic body after Maya Singh, the Cabinet Minister of Urban and Rural Development and Housing, Government of Madhya Pradesh took a serious note of the complaints by many citizens and pulled up the officials of the corporation. It is also learnt that she instructed the officials of the Corporation and the PHE to immediately look into the issue of contaminated water being supplied in the city and to take speedy remedial action.
The Minister further instructed the officials to ensure regular supply of safe drinking water.
Speaking to the media persons, Minister Maya Singh said that she had a talk with the Municipal Commissioner and the top officials of the civic body about the contaminated water. She added that the Commissioner and the officials have assured the supply of safe drinking water.
Sima Dharmaveer Rathore, the Corporator from ward 8 said that the residents of the area have started getting clean water after the tank there was cleaned on Thursday.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun