Gwalior Chamber of Commerce writes to Nitin Gadkari
The Gwalior Chamber of Commerce has written letters to Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways and Chairman of the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) about the poor condition of the Jhansi Gwalior State Highway.
According to the letters, the condition of the Jhansi Gwalior stretch of the State Highway has changed from bad to worse, especially after the recent rains, with potholes so big that accidents are a frequent occurrence.
It has been brought to the notice of the Union Minister and the Chairman of the National Highway Institute that the four lane work on the State Highway has been going on for more than ten years and the vehicles are finding it hard to pass the 103 kilometers distance.
The journey time has become almost double because of the ongoing work and the poor condition of the road.
The letter from the Chamber of Commerce reminded the Minister that despite many assurances from the government nothing concrete has been done to improve the condition of the road.
The Chamber further said that even after collecting taxes by way of tolls the condition of the State Highway is highly deplorable and it is affecting not only business but also public travelling.
They have requested the Union Minister and the Chairman of the NHAI to immediately intervene on this matter.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun